Product Application Engineer
- Experience Level Experienced - Non Manager
- Total Years Experience 4+
- Academic Degree Bachelor Degree
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support via phone, web-based tools and email
- Answer questions from customers, prospective customers and field personnel about the features and capabilities of VIA product suite.
- Developing customer-facing documentation for our website on an as-needed basis
- Conducting root cause analysis that will lead to effective problem solving
- Work closely with other groups including R&D and manufacturing to implement enhancements that improve product reliability and serviceability
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science (and/or related area), or, an equivalent combination of technical education and experience; specifically, familiar with computer network technologies and associated technologies for managing them.
- 4 – 8 years’ experience in IT and the computing industry at large. Experience in analysing and troubleshooting complex technical problems is a must have.
- Strong cyber security skills.
- Strong system administration knowledge of Linux Operating Systems.
- Strong familiarity with mobile network protocols.
- Experience in containerisation and orchestration using industry standard tools.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows system administration
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Bash, PowerShell, JSON, WMI, SQL and knowledge of web technologies desirable.
- Familiarity with database technologies such as MySQL and Redis.
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing technologies VMware vSphere, ESXI, Hypervisor, Amazon AMI, SaaS, IaaS